So when you meet someone new, take time to catalog their personal details, even if you have to write it down. They will remember how good you made them feel when you are considerate enough to mention the things they care about.
Monday, January 26, 2015
Life Lesson: Remember the Personal Details
Being one of the few Asians in our community, people remember me. They remember details I don't remember imparting. They remember how I spoke, acted, reacted, laughed, joked, walked, everything. And what I learned is that I had to work harder to remember details about other people. Being different made me stand out in a crowd...except when Dad and I went to China, then I blended. But I digress. Everyone should feel unique. I work harder to keep details of others. What they like to eat, drink, wear, read, travel, interests. When you remember those details, people will appreciate it. It means they stand out to you. It means you spent time to remember them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment